NCMD General Secretary role description
Role type: 2-year contract on a self-employed basis
Location: Home working, flexible geographical location
Hours: 3 days a week (22.5 hrs) – note this is an average, hours may vary up or down each week
Salary: £16,000 per annum
1. Working closely with the Communications Officer you will be the principal liaison source to all outside bodies and general NCMD communications. This includes representing the NCMD at meetings and responding to general queries with outside bodies.
2. Responsible for the administrative arrangements related to the Executive Committee meetings. This includes the creation of agendas and the recording and delivery of minutes plus organising meeting venues and accommodation arrangements.
3. The custodian of the NCMD constitution, ensuring the maintenance and general upkeep and, where appropriate, the preparation of draft amendments for presentation to the Executive Committee for approval.
4. Data protection – the registered data controller for the NCMD, responsible for the security of the NCMD member database, ensuring compliance with GDPR legislation.
5. Principal day-to-day liaison officer with the NCMD regional delegates and Executive Committee members
6. Overall responsibility for the content, editing, printing and distribution of the NCMD bi-annual magazine Digging Deep.
Skills and Experience
This is a remote working role so the individual will need to be a self-starter able to work well on their own. In addition, they must be comfortable working within a team environment, building strong relationships with others both within and outside the NCMD.
Confident in presenting ideas and viewpoints clearly and concisely. Many decisions are not straightforward, so this role requires diplomacy, the ability to listen with an open mind and creative problem-solving skills.
Understanding of the hobby of metal detecting is essential.
Experience in working on a committee is highly desirable; this may be in a professional/work context or a leisure voluntary organisation. We are particularly looking for evidence of the individual delivering strong results in this role, whether that is driving the organisation forward, or achieving against objectives.
Organised and able to manage multiple projects or activities at the same time.
Strong communicator, both spoken and written.
Computer literate and comfortable using a range of technologies and software solutions.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by the 06/08/2021. If you need more information and an informal chat, please contact 07983 897442.