Sign up and pay for your membership
Individuals who are not, or do not wish to be, members or associated with a club can join the NCMD in one of two ways:
Individual and associate member as a member of an NCMD
Members who wish to join one of these regions must NOT use the online form below. Instead, please follow the link below to download the relevant form.
Individual and associate member registered directly with the National Council
You can renew your membership or join as a new member using the form below. This replaces the need to send in an application form.
Before you proceed, please note…
Both membership options cover the whole of the UK, including Scotland. Please choose your membership based on your home address.
- Please select the correct membership type or it could delay your application.
- PayPal users, your receipt from PayPal is your proof of membership until your membership card arrives. Please ensure your PayPal details are up to date and that your PayPal account holds a valid payment method. If you pay via eCheque, there may be a delay in processing your application due to the clearing time that PayPal applies to this payment method.
- Please allow up to 21 working days for delivery of your membership card as we can be extremely busy.
- Please Note all NCMD Memberships run from 1st April to 31st March in any year or part thereof
Frequently Asked Questions
- The NCMD seeks the opinions of its membership on matters affecting the hobby as they arise and keeps them informed on developments. The NCMD offers advice on various matters via its national officers and individuals with long experience in the hobby.
- The NCMD provides a means whereby the consensus views of its membership can be represented both at Local and National Government level, with the Local and National Press, and any other organisations which may have an interest in hobby activities.
- The NCMD provides excellent Civil Liability Insurance up to £10,000,000 which includes cover both in the UK and while attending organised metal detecting outings abroad (cover available to UK residents only – see Insurance) free of charge to all of its registered members. All members receive free civil liability insurance.
- The NCMD holds meetings attended by regional representatives. You will have a voice at all Annual General Meeting for the election of officers, to give reports on its activities and to present audited annual accounts far the scrutiny and questioning of all of its membership.
- Various social events, rallies, exhibitions etc. are arranged by NCMD Regions & Clubs.
- The NCMD maintains an archive of documents relating to events affecting the hobby for the use of it’s membership.
- NCMD colour newsletter: Digging Deep.
From 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022 or any part thereof:
- Individual Membership (Central Register): £8.00
- Central Register Club Membership: £8.00
- Individual Membership (of a NCMD Region): £8.00 (Including Regional Levy)
- NCMD Regional Club Membership: £8.00 (Including Regional Levy)
There are various grades of membership, the most popular and preferred grade being:
- Membership of a local club which is part of an NCMD Region which in turn elects four voting delegates to the regular meetings of the Council.
In addition there the following grades of membership:
- Individual and Associate membership as a member of an NCMD Region which operates this facility.
- Individual and Associate member registered directly with the National Council.
- Membership of a club on the Central Register, which is affiliated directly with the National Council permitting you to express opinions through the Individual and Associate Membership secretariat.
- Affiliate membership, which is only open to invited commercial interest groups or other organisations and does not permit you the facility for voting on NCMD matters or insurance facilities.
NCMD membership requires each member to observe the constitution, to adhere to the NCMD Code of Conduct and be free from conviction for any criminal offence relating to metal detecting activities.