Sign up and pay for your membership
Before you proceed, please note…
- Please select the correct membership type or it could delay your application.
- PayPal users, your receipt from PayPal is your proof of membership until your membership card arrives. Please ensure your PayPal details are up to date and that your PayPal account holds a valid payment method. If you pay via eCheque, there may be a delay in processing your application due to the clearing time that PayPal applies to this payment method.
- Please allow up to 21 working days for delivery of your membership card as we can be extremely busy.
- Please Note all NCMD Memberships run from 1st April to 31st March in any year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Individual Membership is designed to cover the needs of those responsible detector users in the Scottish Region, who, for whatever reason choose not to or are unable to become members of established metal detecting clubs but wish their best interests to be represented at both local and national levels by experienced people who are eager to promote a positive image for metal detecting. Individual Membership is a protection device providing first rate Public Liability Insurance cover and guarding against the erosion of existing freedoms. Individual Membership is a mechanism, which keeps individuals up to date on matters of local and national importance and allows them to have some input on topics, which might affect the future of the hobby. What does Individual Membership offer ?
At national level
- Membership of the National Council for Metal Detecting (NCMD).
- Public Liability Insurance cover, currently up to £10,000,000, when involved in legitimate detecting activities.
- Representation at all National Council General Committee Meetings via experienced delegates well versed in the needs of Scotand’s detector users.
- Members Personalised NCMD and Insurance card.
At local level
Representation by an experienced committee who will be responsible for keeping your best interests at the forefront of local and national detecting matters by referring your needs, concerns and requests for consideration at its meetings. The right to attend any General Meeting of the Region, as an observer or petitioner, after giving advance notice in writing. Invitations from the Region and its member clubs to attend detecting rallies, exhibitions and meetings where guest speakers of national standing address the membership. The knowledge that, if you have a legitimate problem relating to the hobby, there is a local organisation with experience to work for you should this be practicable.
At personal level
Peace of mind while out metal detecting, safe in the knowledge that while you stay within the law and the Code of Conduct, you are insured, have the weight of the Scottish Region and the National Council for Metal Detecting behind you. The knowledge that those same organisations are involved in a constant vigil, protecting your right to take part in a legitimate and responsible hobby which is constantly under attack from outsiders.
For each individual, without exception, the current subscription is £8.00 per annum, which consists of NCMD fees & insurance, Scottish Region fees, administration / postage costs relating to the issue of information and correspondence. The Region year runs from 1st April to 31st March or any part thereof.
There is an implicit understanding that any correspondence or enquiries addressed to the Secretary or other Region Officers by Individual Members will be accompanied by return postage at all times should a reply be required.
Conditions of individual membership
- Applicants for Individual Membership must be free from conviction for any offence relating to metal detecting activities, must have no legal cases pending against them at the time of application and shall not have been expelled from or refused membership of any NCMD affiliated metal detecting club or other recognised hobby organisation for activities which could bring the hobby into disrepute.
- Applications for Individual Membership may be submitted by any person, who, for any reason chooses not to or is unable to become a member of a recognised NCMD affiliated club. Applications must be completed on the official Individual Membership Application Form, giving all the relevant information currently required on that form.
- Individual membership is granted on a yearly basis, renewable at the Region’s discretion, to individuals who fulfil the required criteria and pay the annual subscription at the current rate. There is no facility for family or discounted memberships.
- Individual Members will agree to adhere to the constitution of the Scottish Region, abide by the decisions of its committee and observe the Code of Conduct (issued by NCMD ) at all times.
- Individual members will not commit the Scottish Region to any financial, legal or political undertaking without the explicit permission of the committee, in writing.
- Individual Members will enjoy all the privileges offered to members of affiliated clubs. Individual Members may attend meetings to observe or petition the Officers and Committee at some suitable time following the receipt of advance notice in writing. Individual Members shall not have the right to vote except at Annual or Extraordinary General Meetings .
The Committee of the Scottish Region retains the right to expel, suspend or reprimand Individual Members who do not
conduct themselves within the terms of these conditions.
The Region reserves the right to demand the return of all membership and insurance cards, issued by it to Individual Members, which will remain the property of the Region at all times and are not transferable.
- The Committee of the Scottish Region reserves the right to refuse Individual Membership to any individual, at any time, without the need to give a reason.