The NCMD are members of the Sports and Recreation Alliance (SARA) who represent the interests of a range of sports and leisure activities with relevant Ministers and their departmens. SARA have published a really useful guide to the changes to the lockdown in England which may answer many of the questions you may still have. Their information comes direct from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sports (DCMS).
The source article and further infomation can be found here: https://www.sportandrecreation.org.uk/news/covid-19/latest-government-guidance. The main points are detailed below:
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sports (DCMS) has issued the following update (effective from Wednesday 13th May 2020):
* We are increasing people’s access to local, outdoor physical activity for the purpose of wellbeing. This includes outdoors sports courts and facilities.
* People will only be able to use these facilities with people from their own households though or by themselves or, as long as they stay 2 metres apart, with one other person from outside their household.
* You can only exercise in groups of no more than two, unless you are exclusively with members of your household.
* This means that you cannot have five people from one household plus one person from outside the household playing sport together. But you can have two people, from two different households, as long as they are staying two metres apart.
* It is for individual facilities and organisations to develop their own guidance on reopening, to best fit their own situation, in line with the Government’s advice.
This is a continually changing situation and advice goes out of date very quickly. For example, after we published our statement yesterday, further clarity was provided on how far you can travel in England. We advice you to use keep abreast of the latest advice from the Government to ensure you are always working of the latest guidance. The latest advice can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do